We're here to have fun, but getting a trophy is pretty sweet too!
All FXA Sports leagues have playoffs (unless noted otherwise on your league info page).
How many teams make playoffs?
- As a general rule, the top half of the division makes the playoffs.
- In Social divisions, where the focus isn't on playoffs but on having fun, just the top two teams will compete for the trophy.
When are playoffs scheduled?
- Always assume that playoffs will begin on your league day immediately following the conclusion of the league (note: your last game may not be the end of the league for all teams in your division).
- We will publish the bracket and notify all playoff teams as soon as all scores are in.
- To qualify for playoffs, you must have a winning record. This is in addition to finishing in the top half (i.e. - if you're the 4th place team in an 8 team division, but have a 3-5 record, you will not make playoffs. Likewise, a 5th place team in an 8 team division will not make playoffs, regardless of record). NOTE: In a 7 or 8 game league, a winning record is defined as having at least 4 wins, and fewer than 4 losses (i.e. - 3-3-2 is not a winning record).
- Standings are determined by standings points (soccer) or overall win-loss record (all other sports). Ties in the standings are broken by predetermined rules published on your league standings page.
- In a division with an odd number of teams, "top half" can be either rounded up or down depending on record (i.e. - in a 9 team division, either 4 or 5 teams will make playoffs, depending on the record of the 5th team).
The below sport-specific info does not supersede the above requirements, but is in addition to it.
- For any 8 game soccer league, you must have 13 standings points to qualify (3 points are awarded for wins, 1 point for ties).
- For 6 game soccer leagues, you must have 10 standings points to qualify.
- Due to time constraints (spring field opening and fall field closing dates), softball leagues are limited to top 4 teams making playoffs in all divisions with 6+ teams.
- If there are fewer than 6 teams in a division, then only the top half will make playoffs.