United States Tennis Association (USTA) rules govern all play except where modified below by FXA Sports and local rules.
- Each team consists of two (2) players on the court at all times. Teams may play with 2 males, 2 females, or 1 male and 1 female.
- A game can be played with only one (1) member of a team present.
- Canadian doubles will be played in this situation (single player only required to cover the singles lines, the alleys will be out for the other team). For playoffs single players must also cover the doubles lines.
- All matches will be self-officiated.
- Matches are won by the team that wins two (2) sets first (Best of 3 sets).
- Sets are won by the first team to win four (4) games (Best of 7 games).
- Sets do not have tiebreakers.
- Games are won by the first team to score four (4) points (15, 30, 40, Winner)
- There is No Advantage Scoring. The next team to score after deuce will win the game.
- Home team will choose to serve first or choose which side they prefer to play on (not both).
- Enter total amount of sets won when reporting scores.
- Please wear Tennis shoes
- You are required to bring your own racket and balls
Inclement Weather and Make-Up Matches
- If the match becomes unplayable after completing one (1) set and five (5) games of the second (2nd) set, it counts as a complete and legal match. The player that has the most sets and games won after one (1) set and five (5) games of the second (2nd) set, is the winner of the match. If one (1) set and five (5) games of the second (2nd) set have not been completed prior to the match becoming unplayable, the match will not count, and will be rescheduled in full by the league, pending available court space and league end dates.
- If rain ensues prior to or during your match, it is up to each player to discuss and decide whether the conditions are safe and playable. A rain delay of up to 15 minutes comes off the match time.
- If a match is cancelled by the league ahead of time due to inclement weather, make-up matches will be scheduled on usual match days, or may be scheduled on another day than usual match days, due to league end dates. Email notifications will be sent to players when games are cancelled and it will be posted on the league schedule on the website.